New Year’s Resolutions
How to Make Ones You Will Keep
New Year’s Eve is right around the corner and everyone makes resolutions for the next year. But how many of us actually keep them? Not many! But why? It is typically because we put too much pressure on ourselves and set unrealistic goals. Here are some ideas for resolutions that you may actually keep!
1. Pick a small resolution, instead of saying you will lose 20 pounds, try saying you will sign up for a kickboxing or yoga class, see what exercise excites you. Half of the battle to exercise is finding something you will stick with!
2. Sign up for a class at the local community college. Everyone likes to learn something new, but who has the time or can afford to go back to school full time? Take one class in something that you have interest in, maybe a cooking class, a new language, or a computer class. Senior and Community centers also offer classes, and sometimes those are Free!
3. Find a hobby you enjoy and set a goal to complete a new project. Maybe you enjoy painting, try refinishing furniture. Or if you enjoy fashion, learn to sew. Did you love your coloring books as a child? Well, you can now color as an adult and not have people stare at you! Adult coloring books come in all shapes and sizes and allow you to color anything from shapes and flowers, to words and animals.
4. Your resolution doesn’t have to be a physical thing; you can make a resolution to work on a relationship, whether personal or professional. A lot of us have a relationship that puts stress on us whenever we have to communicate with this person. This year, take the time to talk to this person and begin a dialogue discussing the area of opportunity in your relationship.
5. Take a trip! It does not have to be across the globe, but to someplace you have always said, “I always say I want to see this place but never seem to have the time.” MAKE TIME! You will be happy you did! We tend to say “There is always tomorrow” however, that statement is not always true. We never know what life has in store for us, take the time to do the things you want to do before the time is gone!
Make sure you talk to people about your resolutions and they can help to keep you motivated, but do not be too hard on yourself if you do not keep your resolutions… there is always next year!
A Senior Connection
We are dedicated to helping you find the best possible care. Whether you are looking for yourself or for a loved one, we can help!
Our mission is to exceed the expectations of the families we help with compassion and empathy throughout their journey into the complex world of senior care. Our personal experiences and passion to help others drives us to achieve our mission with honesty, integrity and remaining professional in any situation. Thank you for allowing us to guide you through this process.
Sign up for email updates to stay informed.